Butternut & Chickpea Tagine with Bulguar
A delicious vegan meal containing 5 portions of vegetables.
Prep & cooking time: 40 mins.
Ingredients (for 2 meals):
Butternut Squash (x1)
Green, Yellow or Red Pepper (x1)
Tin / Carton of Chopped Tomatoes with Onion & Garlic (x1)
Tin / Carton of Chickpeas (x1)
Flat Leaf Parsley (1 handful)
Bulgur Wheat (100g)
Vegetable Stock Pot
Salt and Pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 220o / Gas Mark 7
2) Slice the butternut squash into 1cm pieces (no need to peel)
3) Put a few tablespoons of oil on the baking tray and drizzle some oil, salt and pepper over the butternut squash. Place in the oven for 30 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
4) Cook around 100g of bulgur wheat (use around 200ml water). Add in the vegetable stock pot. Mix well until the pot dissolves. Once cooked, drain and leave to the side until the rest of the food is cooked
5) Dice the courgette into 1cm pieces. Dice the pepper into 1cm pieces. Finely chop the parsley into tiny pieces (including the stalks). Drain the chickpeas
6) Gently heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil then add in the chopped courgette and pepper. Cook for around 5 minutes until both are slightly brown
7) After the courgette and pepper are slightly brown, add in the tinned tomatoes, around 150ml of water and the chickpeas. Stir well and simmer for around 12 minutes. Add more water if it looks dry
8) Once the butternut squash and mixture are cooked, mix them together in the pan
9) Fluff the bulgur wheat with a fork, mix in half of the parsley, add salt and pepper and place in a bowl. Add the vegetable mixture on top of the bulgur wheat, sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and enjoy!