One Pan Mexican Quinoa
This nutritious one-pan dish is rich in complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fats to help boost your energy and recovery after exercise.
Ingredients (for 4 meals):
Avocado (1 large)
Bell Peppers (x2)
Garlic Bulb (1 small)
Sliced Green Jalapenos (1 handful)
Coriander (handful finely chopped)
Vegetable Stock Pot (x1)
Tinned Tomatoes (1 tin)
Black Beans (1 tin)
Sweetcorn (1 small tin)
Ground Cumin (1 heaped tablespoon)
Mild/Hot Chilli Powder (1 heaped tablespoon)
Olive Oils (a few tablespoons)
Boiled Water (around 650ml)
1) Finely chop the Bell Peppers (x2) into small pieces.
2) Peel and finely chop a small Garlic Bulb (around 6 cloves).
3) Heat a few tablespoons of Olive Oil on a pan.
4) Add the Peppers and Garlic pieces to the pan. Lightly fry for around 3 minutes. Add a heaped tablespoon of Cumin and Chilli Powder, mix in well and fry for another 3 minutes.
5) Boil 650ml of water in a kettle. Pour it into a glass measuring jug. Add the Vegetable Stock Pot and mix in well.
6) Pour the stock mixture into the pan and add 200g of Quinoa and a tin of Chopped Tomatoes. If the mix becomes dry at any point, add more hot water.
7) Simmer on a low-medium heat for 5 minutes whilst stirring frequently.
8) Add in one tin of Black Beans and one tin of Sweetcorn. Mix and simmer for another 10 minutes.
9) Dice the Avocado into small chunks. Chop a large handful of Sliced Green Jalapenos (from a jar) into small pieces. Add everything to the pan. Simmer for another 5 minutes whilst stirring frequently.
10) Dice up the Coriander into tiny pieces. Add it to the mix. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
11) Turn off the heat and allow the dish to cool down before serving. Enjoy!